“I have always found these bulletins very useful and a "must read" out of office hours.”
“This service is fantastic and there is nothing similar offered by other Centres in South East London.”
“I think that this is a great bulletin to update people within the wider community and to get information out there. I also find it very beneficial as I am kept in the loop and find out about new projects, etc that help me with my job.”
Thank you to all who took part in our e-news bulletin readers’ survey at the end of last year. In the main, as you can see from some of the comments above, your responses were very encouraging. We are delighted to report that our local news, events, training and volunteer news coverage met 98 percent of your needs for information.
Our Funding news coverage received a 95 percent rating; local sector jobs coverage met 88 percent of your needs. National events, news, training, legal and best practice were in the range of 78 – 81 percent.
Readers felt that both the length and frequency of the bulletin were about right. When asked about whether you would find the following additional news categories relevant or not, you rated their relevance as follows Commissioning (85%), Forum news (74%), Personalisation (67%), Compact Champions (58%), IT news (55%).
We will endeavour ensure that our coverage in these areas is consistent with your requirements.
Additionally readers suggested that there could be an ‘arts news section’, more of a focus on children and young people and a section for organisations to “blow their own trumpets” about some of the good work that is achieved by the sector in the borough. Please read the full comments below..
Survey 09 - Meeting your requirements for up-to-date information January 2010
Item 1- Information needs
|Does the e-news bulletin meet your needs for information in the following areas?||Yes|
|Best practice, services and offers||81%|
|Financial management news||69%|
Item 2 - Proposed additional categories
|Please indicate if you would find the following new sections relevant.|
Item 3 - new contentPlease suggest other areas/categories you would like us to cover.
- Perhaps small articles from more of the recipients - we all do a pretty good job in the Borough but are probably shy or too busy to blow our own trumpet in such a publication.
- information on funding rounds eg Kings Fund application rounds and categories
- some kind of arts news from the voluntary sector in the borough?
- More useful forthcoming dates - such as important LBB meetings.
- Feel the current level of information is about right
- CYP issues
- All the areas I need are already covered.
- Not sure what Compact Champs is... so 0 maybe the wrong response!
- HR & employment responsibilities news/updates
Item 4 - Length of editorial
|E-news bulletin - number of articles published each issue|
Item 5. Frequency of publication
|E-news bulletin is published evey 2 weeks|
|Not Often enough||2%|
Item 6- Additional comments about the e-news bulletin
- I think fewer articles would be preferable - perhaps having it more frequently would help with this.
- it is easy to read the heading of any item and reject!!
- We always find it of great interest, a valuable publication.Very useful indeed
every month would be useful
- Great to get online. Thanks!
- We find the e-news bulletin very helpful and informative. It certainly does the rounds here.
- A lot of the information is not applicable to me but interesting
- A monthly bulletin would be preferable
- "I have always found these bulletins very useful and a ""must read"" out of office hours.This service is fantastic and there is nothing similar offered by other Centres in South East London."
- I think it is fine just as it is. I get national and other info from other organisation's bulletins.I think that this is a great bulletin to update people within the wider community and to get information out there. I also find it very beneficial as I am kept in the loop and find out about new projects, etc that help me with my job.
- I really like your bulletin, please don't listen to people who say there is too much to read. It is easy to get through the bits you don't want to read, and is informative and helpful. Thank you and keep up the good work in Bromley.
- Quite often it is difficult to follow the links as they are broken, the info is not up to date or there is a mystery password which I am expected to know before I can access the information.
- My only reason for receiving the news bulletin is to get info about funding available in Bromley, which it does very well, except that occasionally the links are inaccurate
- The main benefit to us is the Funding section
- Keep bulletins to every two weeks but separate out topics so we can choose which one is more relevant. For example, a separate monthly funding bulletin would be useful.
Number of surveys completed: 49
Please email Philippa Leary to let know what you think of e-news section of our website.
you can also use the Feedback blog that has been set up . Click here