- LVSC Courses, November 2011 Schedule
- Affordable workshops for start-ups, social enterprise and small business
- Training events at City Business Library
- Disability Law Service Training courses
- What is Commissioning? A Guide to the Commissioning Process
Archivesback to top
Affordable workshops for start-ups, social enterprise and small business
To celebrate the Global Entrepreneurship Week (http://www.gew.org.uk) London Rebuilding Society and Aim & Aspire Ltd have organized four affordable and practical workshops for start-ups, social enterprises, and small businesses.
- Understanding Business Finance: Cash Flow, Profit & Loss, and Balance Sheet More information
- Understanding Business Finance: Pricing, Costing, and Break Even More information
- Start Your Own Business: The Essential Guide More information
- Writing a Business Plan - Your Plan for Success! More information
Venue: London Rebuilding Society, 1st Floor, 9 Bonhill Street, London EC2A 4PE
(A short walk from Liverpool Street, Moorgate or Old Street tube stations)
Free prize draw at every workshop to win a Regus Business Lounge Package - five visits to any of the 1100 Regus business lounges worldwide, including more than 150 in the UK.
To make any bookings, you can call 020 7375 7300, or simply reply to this email with your details. Note: there is no VAT charged on LVSC courses. Happy People - the personal development division of Happy Ltd. deliver LVSC courses. For more information visit www.happy.co.uk/lvsc/
- Learning Disabilities: Care Planning 2 November
- Introduction to Project Management 3-4 November
- Evaluating the Effectiveness of a Project 7-8 November
- Effective Minute Taking 9 November
- Effective Communication Skills 10-11 November
- New to Fundraising 14 November
- Managing Your Project Finances 15 November
- Supervising Staff Essentials 16-17 November
- Dealing With Violent & Aggressive Behaviour 18 November
- Facilitating Groups Effectively 21-22 November
- Introduction to Involving Volunteers 24 November
- Assertiveness for Women 25 November
- Supervising Staff - Advanced 28-29 November
- Writing Better Fundraising Applications 30 November
We offer a wide range of seminars on all aspects of business and self-development. All seminars and events take place at the City Business Library.
All seminars and events are free to attend, with the exception of database trainings*.
Dates, times and descriptions of the seminars/workshops are available by choosing from categories below:
- Business and personal finance
- Database trainings
- Looking for a job/Life after redundancy
- Marketing and branding
- Personal development
- Running your own business
- Social media and websites
Please check for availability and book at email@example.com or 020 7332 1858. Please note: bookings are accepted only by e-mail or phone. All email requests for seminar places are replied to within one working day. If you do not receive a response from us within a few days about your seminar booking, please contact us. firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7332 1858
*Database training workshops cost £10 (non-refundable and non-transferable).back to top
Half-day courses cost £75 for voluntary organisations, and are taught at our accessible offices in Whitechapel. Click on the course title for further details.
- Disability Living Allowance and Attendance Allowance - A Guide to Successful Claims (19 October)
- Disabled people’s rights to access goods and services under the Equality Act (24 October)
- Introduction to Community Care Law (2 November)
- Empowering disabled people through public legal education (9 November)
- Personalisation – taking stock and looking forwards (16 November)
Date: Thursday 20 October 2011, 3-5pm
Venue: Richmond CVS
As the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames is about to commence a commissioning process for Adult Services, Richmond CVS is providing some training workshops and support for organisations on Commissioning and on Partnerships. This is available for any organisation across the south London partnership that is considering bidding for a contract within Adult Services. Visit RCVS’s website for further details including booking instructions. Booking is essential.back to top
- Are you the chief executive, managing director or senior director of a small or medium sized social enterprise?
- Do you need expert support to develop your leadership and management skills?
- Do you want support to effectively grow the organisation and ensure its financial sustainability?
- Want to get up to a £1,000 grant to improve your leadership skills in the areas of strategic management, growing the business, and employee engagement?
If the answer is yes, then read on. SEL is working with the SFA to support organisations get up to a 50% bursary of up to £1000 towards training costs for the MD, chief executive or senior director of social enterprises. Visit www.exemplas.com/LMAS to register your interest. The programme is available for a limited time only. If you are interested and would like further information, please contact: Mei Hui (email@example.com) Telephone 020 7033 2642 or visit the programme website www.exemplas.com/LMAS for further information and to download an application form.back to top
Date: Monday 21 November, Central London
With speakers from IBM, the Salvation Army, Sue Ryder Care, the International Red Cross, Water Aid and many more, delegates can be confident of returning to their charity more informed on the latest concepts and better positioned to understand and advise.
Please note that the conference regularly sells-out, so I hope the discount for bookings made by 14 October will encourage you to reserve your place early. For the full programme and to book visit www.civilsociety.co.uk/it2011 or phone 020 7819 1200.
The 5th Annual Charity IT Conference is designed for the person in your organisation with overall responsibility for IT strategy and delivery. Plus non-IT specialists - chief executives, finance directors, fundraisers, trustees – who have a remit for IT but can often find it tough to keep up with the pace of progress. Book your place today