Events & Training
Training & Events
Universal Credit Training: Friday 10th March - 10am – 1pm
- The training event is part of the Bromley Community Voices Project and will be delivered by Kam Patel, Partnership Support Manager: Department for Work and Pensions
- We are holding the training at Community House, Bromley in partnership with Citizens Advice Bromley and it is free for all, but booking is essential
- To reserve your place, please contact Sue Lee at Community Links Bromley: Suel@communitylinksbromley.co.uk or 0208 315 1902
What is Universal Credit (UC)?
- Universal Credit is being phased in over the next few years. It started being rolled out in Bromley from the 18 January 2016, but only for single people making a new claim who would otherwise have claimed Jobseekers Allowance.
- It combines six existing working-age benefits, and is a single monthly payment for people in or out of work. It replaces some of the benefits and tax credits such as: Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance. Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
The training will cover:
- Introduction to Universal Credit
- Claimant Commitment
– What’s Changed, Jobseeker’s Profile, My Work Plan.
- Universal Support
– Local Service Support, Partnership Arrangements.
- Personal Budgeting Support Overview
– Alternative Payment Arrangements, Money Advice, Payment advances.
Who should attend?
- Representatives & volunteers from voluntary sector support organisation
Fully Booked, please contact us if you would like to be included for the next training seminar