Sustaining Community Learning
Building a South London Voluntary Sector Learning Consortium
The Consortium aims to build the capacity of voluntary and community groups to deliver community learning under mainstream funding conditions and to act as a channel of funding to support this provision.
A two year European Social Fund contract with the London South Learning and Skills Council will establish the Consortium and provide a range of training and development activities over the next two years to support the sector in delivering community learning.
Activities will include:
- piloting the delivery of accredited learning under mainstream conditions,
- providing an in depth programme of technical support and development to ten voluntary groups and
- offering a wide range of training, networking, advice and information to all members of the Consortium.
The Consortium staff are as follows:
- Consortium Development Manager, Stephen Jeffery (email@example.com)
- Finance and Contracts Manager, John Gibbins (firstname.lastname@example.org) John has a background in voluntary work as a Citizen Advocate and is qualified and experienced in Finance and Administration.
- Project Administrator, SaraThomas (email@example.com)
Membership is open to any voluntary or community organisation working in South London and interested in delivering community learning.
If you have not already received a membership form and would like to join the Consortium please download the form below or contact Sara Thomas at SCVS on 020 8643 3277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.