Winning Statutory Funding
CLB organised a two–day training course for member groups of CLB entitled ‘Winning Statutory Funding'
The trainer Derek Smith, from Leapfrog Consultancy delivered a comprehensive overview on how to win statutory funding. The two day course, delivered at Oakley House, covered a wide range of topics including:
- Differences between grants and contracts
- Modernising government agenda
- Building partnerships
- Understanding and demonstrating value for money and added value
- Identifying unique selling points
- Understanding the initial stages of the tendering process
- The Freedom of Information Act and how to use it
- Improving writing skills
- What funders mean by innovation
- Good practice in costing bids
- The tendering process from initial bid to final evaluation
- Effective presentations
- Equal opportunities and equalities
There were representatives from seventeen Bromley organizations attending and the feedback was very encouraging and included the following comments:-
“I think this was a very important course and I found it very informative”.
“Good mix of learning styles – group work; discussion and problem solving – very experienced trainer”.
“The course exceeded its stated objectives”.
“Very enjoyable – very intensive – very knowledgeable presenter”.
“Very well organised – good attention to detail”.
“Good venue/organisation – thank you”.
“Handbook very useful”
“I feel I am confident to write grant applications”
“Excellent delivery and content – all excellent – thank you for a very good course”top
Each attendee also received a copy of the new ‘business’ version of the ACEVO Full Cost Recovery Pack and access to newly purchased publications on the subject including:
- Win Win: A guide to negotiation strategy and tactics for third sector leaders
- Essential Guide to Contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Essential Guide to Risk
- Bids, Tenders and Proposals - March 2009 edition
This training project has been funded through Capacitybuilders - Resilience Support Grant.top
Community Links Bromley is working towards developing a new commissioning forum for groups in the borough who are interesting in sharing their views to influence and help shape the appropriate delivery model for commissioning in the borough.
In addition, Community Links Bromley will be delivering more subsidised training opportunities relating to commissioning, available to member groups, in the coming months.
For more information contact Julie Hunt, Funding Information and Advice Officer on 020 8315 1915 or email firstname.lastname@example.org