Volunteers’ Week 2011 - Awards Ceremony
To celebrate National Volunteers’ Week again this year, Community Links Bromley hosted the fourth Annual Volunteer Awards Ceremony.
26 volunteers received recognition for the outstanding contribution they have made to the organisations they volunteer for, one of them being Jake who is a PAT dog .( Pets As Therapy). Jake is taken regularly to visit Harris Hospiscare, supporting patients in the day centre.
Awards were also given to volunteers for outstanding service as a Trustee, for recognition of the value of an outstanding Volunteer Manager and for recognition of a volunteer-involving organisation’s positive engagement with volunteers.
We were joined by the Mayor of Bromley, Cllr David McBride who presented the Awards; Paul Elliott, MBE, our guest who spoke about the value of volunteering in sport and the health, wellbeing and social integration benefits; Leslie Marks who presented the Leslie Marks Trustee Award and Bromley Mytime’s Primetime Buddies who entertained us with an audience participation exercise routine and some personal examples of the value of volunteering.
The 2011 Volunteers’ Week award winners were:
- Richard Barnes, Carers Bromley
- Hilary Collings, SSAFA Forces Help
- Emma Harmer, Bromley Mind
- Joyce Cashmore and Jake, Harris Hospiscare
- Ann and Bob Potten, Age Concern Orpington
- Shelagh Collings, Harris Hospiscare
- Anthony Streeter, Bromley Mencap
- Adam Wadey, Bromley Mytime
- Katie Schiavi, CarePlus
- Lauren Pinkerton, Croft Tea Room
- Solange Augustin, JusB
- Faye Holyoake, Hayes School
- Alexandra Lowton, Hayes School
- Becky Jones, Hayes School
- Lucy Wood, Friends of Coney Hall Park
- Pat Mack, FOAL Farm
- Betty Morgan, Harris Hospiscare
- Ronald Smale, SSAFA Forces Help
- Elizabeth Fabian, Refugee Day Centre
- Linda Muller and Toby Bromage, Kent Association for the Blilnd
- Nancy Rowlands, National Osteoporosis Society
- Anthony Clarke, Harris Hospiscare
- Tom Marley, Burgess Autistic Trust
- Steve Spicer, FOAL Farm
- Branwen Austin-Jones, Bromley Mencap – Leslie Marks Trustee Award
- Jenny Connors, FOAL Farm – Volunteer Manager’s Award
- Jenny Batt, Creative Learning Department at Churchill Theatre –Volunteer Involving Organisation Award
Congratulations to our winners and thank you to everyone who nominated. If you follow this link, you can see some of the highlights of the event on our FlickR site.