Community Links Bromley (CLB) is the Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) and Volunteer Centre for the London Borough of Bromley. CLB was established in 1965 and is a membership organisation that supports, promotes and facilitates the development of a strong, diverse, confident and effective voluntary, community and social enterprise sector, in ways which will enable the sector to improve the quality of life for people and their communities. Find out more about the role of a CVS here.
We do this by:
- ensuring Community Links Bromley continues to be a strong influential leader and voice of the third sector in Bromley
- strengthening our capacity building support, advice and training to members; diversifying service development to ensure that members see our services as excellent
- building and strengthening the Volunteer Centre in the same vein and increasing the quality of volunteering opportunities available to local residents
- ensuring Community Links Bromley’s long term sustainability in order to protect the independence and interests of the third sector in Bromley.
The values which guide our work are:
- reducing disadvantage
- work in partnership
- equality of access
- quality of service
- valuing the nature and impact of volunteering.
We have over 260 voluntary and community groups in our membership. These vary considerably in size and scope, ranging from small volunteer led and run community groups to large organisations, all providing services to significant numbers of local people. If you're interested in becoming a member, please click here.
Events, training and information
We also run regular training courses and networking events, forums for the voluntary sector in Bromley and we publish a weekly ebulletin, packed with information and news. View our Events calendar here and to view previous editions of our e-bulletin, click here.
Browse this website to find out more about our work, and if you have any questions contact us – we’d love to hear from you.
Watch this short video to find out what a CVS is and what CVS's do for the community, charities and the voluntary sector.