Your local voluntary sector representatives are here to be the voice for your organisation - get in touch with them!
Formed in 2006, the VSSN is responsible for leading on ‘voice and representation’ on health and social care issues in the borough. We have continued to provide support to the Voluntary Sector Strategic Network (VSSN) including executive support to the independent Chair, Lynn Sellwood. VSSN provides the ‘voice’ of the sector, representing views and opinions at key Bromley meetings such as the Health and Wellbeing Board; Bromley Economic Partnership; and the Safer Neighbourhood Board.
Purpose of the VSSN
To provide a mechanism for effective voluntary sector representation by engaging and influencing the Building a Better Bromley 2016-2018 Plan and the ‘Collaborative Working’ Programme and its constituent parts, through:
- arrangements for effective Voluntary Sector representation at strategic level, including responsibility for reporting back to the VSSN;
- opportunities for consultation and joint action on issues of relevance to voluntary organisations working in the borough;
- supporting the work of the Voluntary Sector by offering an opportunity for the exchange of ideas, sharing of information, practical co-operation etc.
- taking on the role of ‘critical friend’ in relation to emerging initiatives from statutory partners
- enabling representation on all key partnerships and Boards relating to the Building a Better Bromley programme, including the CCG Board.
Membership is only open to voluntary sector organisations.
VSSN achievements in 2018-19 included:
Developing a new strategic framework/work plan
Developing an operations plan including dedicated expertise
Agreeing a funding bid to the National Lottery Community fund
Upcoming VSSN meetings
The VSSN meet quarterly. We will be publishing actions from upcoming VSSN meetings on this page. Upcoming meeting dates to be confirmed.
For further information about the VSSN, please contact Alex Doust.