Mencap: 'Mentoring in Community Settings' training course
Monday 21 November 2022
10:00 to 11:30
Mencap are pleased to be able to offer organisations we work with an exciting free training opportunity in partnership with StreetGames and Developing Youth Practice. The course is entitled ‘Mentoring in Community Settings’ and will focus on providing knowledge, skills and tips on how best to include people with a learning disability in leadership or coaching roles within your organisation. The course is suitable for staff/volunteers/coaches who support people with a learning disability.
The course will cover topics such as: building rapport, behaviour management, positive communication and putting all of these skills and techniques into practice. Further information about the course can be found in the programme outline here.
The course will take place online via Zoom, with 9 sessions spaced out over 8 weeks, between November 2022 and January 2023. Please see below the course dates:
- Session 1 – Monday 21st November 10-11.30am
- Session 2 - Monday 21st November 1-2.30pm
- Session 3 - Tuesday 22nd November 10-11.30am
- Session 4 - Tuesday 22nd November 1-2.30pm
- Session 5 - Wednesday 23rd November 10-11.30am
- Session 6 - Wednesday 23rd November 1-2.30pm
- Session 7 – Monday 5th December 10-11.30am or 1-2.30pm
- Session 8 – Friday 16th December 10-11.30am or 1-2.30pm
- Session 9 Evaluation – Monday 16th January 10-11.30am
There will be 20 spaces available on a first come first served basis and attendance will be required at all sessions.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the organisations we work with as the course is extremely well regarded. The skills learnt will go a long way to ensuring people with a learning disability have the best experience when volunteering or coaching within your organisations.
To book on to the course or if you have any questions, please email Faye.Dixey@mencap.org.uk and further information will be sent.