Supporting a loved one with dementia - free workshop
Tuesday 25 July 2023
10:00 to 13:00
Home Instead Bromley will be running a free workshop entitled “How to Support a loved one with Dementia” on Tuesday 25th July from 10am- 1pm. This is a free session for anyone who is living with a loved one with dementia. Home Instead Registered Manager, Sarah Larden (who was recently awarded Home Care Manager of the Year at the Bromley Adult Care Awards), will be running the sessions. Sarah has over 25 years of experience working in adult social care and has also experienced caring for a family member with dementia herself.
The workshops provide you with a safe space to talk openly about concerns you may have and will address the following topics.
- Why has your loved one's behaviour changed?
- Using the right language & terminology
- How to process the behavioural changes in your loved one
- Understanding different types of dementia and the associated behaviours
- Wandering (Walking with purpose)
- Restless nights
- Loneliness & isolation
- Nutrition & hydration
- Communication with your loved ones
- Signposting to local dementia services & support groups
- Self-care and the importance of looking after yourself.
Please feel free to share this with any of your contacts who may benefit from the workshop. It is free to attend but there are limited spaces. Please ask anyone who expresses an interest to book in advance.
Spaces are limited, so please ensure that you book in advance by calling 020 8658 2535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
020 8658 2535