This programme is now closed for applications
Mottingham Big Local Refocused is part of the national Big Local programme and is a resident-led programme to invest £1million of National Lottery money in the area up until 2026.
MBLR's aims through the Big Local programme are that:
- Communities will be better able to identify local needs and take action in response to them.
- People will have increased skills and confidence, so that they continue to identify and respond to needs in the future.
- The community will make a difference to the needs it prioritises.
- People will feel that their area is an even better place to live.
Small Grants Programme
MBLR’s Small Grants Programme works to ensure that the Big Local Plan continues to deliver activities chosen by the community. Grants are available between £500 and £10,000 for projects to be delivered in the MBLR area. In rare instances awards may exceed £10,000.
To be eligible to apply for a Small Grant through MBLR you must fit one of the following criteria:
- You are an individual looking to deliver an activity within the MBLR area, and you have support or sponsorship of a recognised organisation.
- You are a community group/organisation seeking to deliver an activity within the MBLR area.
All applications must be submitted online via the Community Links Bromley Award Force Platform.
As part of your application, MBLR will require two references, which you will be able to upload to your online application form. You will need to visit the Community Links Bromley Award Force platform to upload your references. These references may be community leaders, teachers or organisations that you have been involved with.
If you are working with children or vulnerable adults, you will need to explain how you will deal with safeguarding and DBS issues.
Please do not let this put you from applying, you are welcome to call MBLR for support on this. They are particularly keen to support resident led activities. See our Mottingham Big Local Project page for staff contact information.
Please refer to the documents below for guidance on completing your application:
- MBLR Small Grants Round 2 2023 Application Form (pdf document - applications must be submitted on the Community Links Bromley Award Force platform)
- Small Grants Reference Form (applicants must submit their reference forms on the Community Links Bromley Award Force platform)