Visitors to our website
- We use Voice to build and host our website. Voice is a website builder available free of charge to all community, not-for-profit, and voluntary groups in the UK. More information about Voice at their website https://e-voice.org.uk
- When someone visits our website at www.communitylinksbromley.org.uk, we also use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- If we do collect personally identifiable information through our website, this is with your consent and we will make it clear when we collect personal information what we intend to do with it.
When you sign up for our Ebulletin
- When you voluntarily sign up to our ebulletin we store the personal details you supply in order to email you news we consider relevant to the voluntary / charity sector in South London.
- We do not share your details with any other organisations, aside from the third party mailing provider, Mailchimp which is in the United States.
- You can unsubscribe from our news at any time by clicking unsubscribe at the bottom of a news email or by getting in touch with us email@example.com
- Via Mailchimp, we gather statistics around email opening to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter.
- Mailchimp is outside the European Union (EU) but committed to meeting all data protection standards in EU law. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s January 2018 notice about meeting EU data protection law: https://kb.mailchimp.com/binaries/content/assets/mailchimpkb/us/en/pdfs/mailchimp_gdpr_sept2017.pdf
When you sign up to Volunteer
- When you voluntarily sign up to receive information about volunteering, or to enquire about a particular volunteering opportunity, we store the personal details you supply in order to:
- Pass on your name, contact details (address, telephone number, e-mail address), date of birth and any personal statement you may make to the organisation(s) offering the volunteering opportunity(ies) you have expressed an interest in;
- Contact you by telephone or by email to enquire about how your application to a volunteering opportunity is progressing;
- Contact you by e-mail to enquire whether you are interested in a new volunteering opportunity that may suit your skills and knowledge;
- Contact you by e-mail with a newsletter containing information about new volunteering opportunities;
- Contact you by e-mail about any training opportunities, activities or events that may enhance your search for volunteering opportunities;
- Contact you by e-mail with a link to a confidential survey about our services and the outcome of your expression of interest in volunteering.
- We will not share any of your details with another organisation for any other reason than because you have expressed an interest in volunteering with them.
- Your details are saved in a secure database that is only accessible to essential Community Links Bromley staff/volunteers. Regular checks are made on the access levels to information.
- You can unsubscribe from our database at any time by replying to any e-mail we send you and asking for your details to be removed.
When you register to advertise your volunteering vacancies on our online database
- When you voluntarily sign up your organisation in order to register volunteer vacancies, we collect the following information:
Name of your organisation; the organisation’s address including postcode, your name, email address and telephone number
We will also collect the person’s name, email address and telephone number of any individual’s details that relate to a particular volunteering vacancies (for example, you may register other volunteers/staff members against different volunteering vacancies)
- This information will be stored in a secure database, for the following reasons:
To enable us to let you know about a volunteer who is interested in a role you have expressed an interest in.
To enable us to contact you with requests for updates on the progress of a volunteer’s application.
To enable us to contact you with any information that may be of value to you in regard to volunteer management issues
To inform CLB staff/volunteers of information about your organisation’s location (useful when matching potential volunteers with your opportunities)
None of these details will be shared with the public when they first search our online database.
Once a volunteer has expressed an interest in a volunteering vacancy you have registered we will pass on the telephone number that you have indicated is not private*. We may also pass on your location (or the location of an opportunity you have registered) to a volunteer who has expressed an interest in a volunteering role you have registered.
*This telephone number will be the number you have provided us with under each volunteering vacancy.
Your details will be saved in a secure database and possibly in some secure paper files that are only accessible to essential Community Links Bromley staff/volunteers. Regular checks are made on the access levels to information.
When you sign up to become a Member of Community Links Bromley
- When you voluntarily sign up to become a member of Community Links Bromley, (a membership organisation), to receive information about Voluntary Community and Social Enterprise (VCSE) matters, or to enquire about a particular opportunity, we collect the following information:
- Name of your organisation; contact’s address including postcode; website address.
- We will also ask for your contact details such as your name; your position in your organisation; your email address and telephone number.
- further details include: the type of organisation or if you are an individual; what catchment area you serve; what legal structure you may have and if you are registered with the Charity Commission, your Charity Registration Number.
- We may store these details of your organisation and/or your personal details you supply in order to:
- Pass on all or part of your details (address, telephone number, e-mail address), date of birth or any personal statement you may disclose to another organisation(s) that may work in partnership with us, who are offering the opportunity(ies) you have expressed an interest in.
- Contact you by telephone or by email to enquire about relevant issues related to the VCSE Sector.
- Contact you by e-mail to enquire whether you are interested in other opportunities that may be related to your skills and knowledge or more broadly to your organisation and the VCSE Sector.
- Contact you by e-mail with a newsletter containing information about new opportunities and issues related to the VCSE Sector.
- Contact you by e-mail about any training opportunities, activities or events that may enhance you and/or your organisation’s capacity to deliver improved services and activities.
- Contact you by e-mail with a link to a confidential survey about our services.
- We will not share any of your details with another organisation for any other reason than because you have expressed an interest in the opportunity or partnership.
- Your details are saved in a secure database and in some secure paper files that are only accessible to essential Community Links Bromley staff/volunteers. Regular checks are made on the access levels to information.
- You can unsubscribe from our database at any time by replying to any e-mail we send you and asking for the details of your organisation or those relating to yourself, to be removed.
When you get in touch using our contact form
- When you voluntarily use our contact form (https://www.communitylinksbromley.org.uk/contact-us/) on our website to get in touch, we will only use the details you provide to respond to your query.
- We do not share your details with anyone else.
- We delete your details from our records once your query has been dealt with.
Accessing your information, making corrections or deletions
- You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email, phone or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 0208 315 1900, FAO: Data Protection Officer, Community Links Bromley, South Street, Bromley BR1 1RH.
- We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove any information you think is inaccurate or which you no longer want us to store.
How to contact us
By post: Community Links Bromley, Community House, South Street, Bromley BR1 1RH
By email: email@example.com
By phone: 0208 315 1900