We would like to help showcase the good work that local charities are doing in the London Borough of Bromley!
If you would like your charity or non profit organisation to be featured in the weekly 'Charities In the Spotlight' section of our e-bulletin, please download and read the content guidelines and send an email with your content to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous Charities in the Spotlight features:
- Advocacy First - Charity supporting patients who have been hospitalised.
- Alhambra Tiling Project - A community art project working principally with primary school children throughout the boroughs.
- Amber Crisis Pregnancy Care - Charity offering free, confidential counselling support for a range of pregnancy related situations to people struggling to cope.
Angel and Friends - a community group in Orpington set up since March 2017 to assist SEND families new and existing encountering language, cultural and social barriers.
- Aphasia Reconnect - a charity working across London and the South-East to support adults with aphasia and other acquired communication disabilities
- Bethlem Gallery - Gallery which provides a professional space for high-quality artwork and fosters a supportive artist-focused environment.
- Biggin Hill Community Care Association (BHCCA) - BHCCA was formed initially to co-ordinate voluntary activities to help in the community in the Biggin Hill area.
- Black Heroes Foundation - Foundation aiming to eradicate ignorance of Black Heritage and to encourage better understanding and further enhance our multi-cultural society.
Bromley Brighter Beginnings – a charity that distributes prams, clothes, highchairs, nappies and toiletries to families in need living in the London Borough of Bromley.
- The Bromley Borough Foodbank - A project founded by local churches and community groups, working together towards stopping hunger in the Bromley area.
- The Bromley Boy Singers - A choir was founded in 1977 by Brian Lamble and soon established a reputation for the quality, variety and enthusiasm of its performances.
- Bromley CAP - A local hub of the nationwide debt-counselling charity Christians Against Poverty.
- Bromley Community Counselling Service (BCCS) - Charity offering counselling, online or face-to-face, for people who may be struggling with personal, emotional, or mental health difficulties.
- Bromley District Talking News - Free audio news service for blind and partially-sighted residents of the borough of Bromley
- The Bromley FC Community Sports Trust - A new Charitable Organisation, which is the charitable arm of Bromley FC.
- Bromley Goodgym - A community who get fit by doing good.
- Bromley Parent Voice - A voluntary group of parents and carers of children and young people (0-25) with special/additional needs and disabilities (SEND) living in the London Borough of Bromley.
- Bromley Relief in Need - a small charity that provides people living within the London Borough of Bromley with essential appliances and furniture to meet their daily living needs.
Bromley Well Carer Support Services – Bromley Well services providing free support and guidance to unpaid carers living or caring for someone in the London Borough of Bromley.
- Bromley Y - Charity offering free therapeutic support to young people between the ages of 0-18 years.
- Bromley & Croydon Women's Aid - Charity providing temporary accomodation and support services to women escaping domestic violence and abuse.
- CASPA (Children On The Autistic Spectrum Parents Association) - Charity providing support to autistic children and young people, and also to their families.
- Careplus - A small local charity providing a free volunteer support service to people who are over 65 (their ‘clients’) and live in the Borough of Bromley.
- Community House Bromley - Community House is a vibrant resource centre for the community and voluntary sector in the London Borough of Bromley.
- The Croft Tearoom - A Catering Social Enterprise consisting of a community-based Tearoom, Local Foods Shop, Outside Catering Service and community Focal Point for local information, events, history and heritage
Cudham environmental Activities Centre (CEAC) - a part of the Woodcraft Folk. A national charity supporting and working with children and young people.
- deafPlus - Charity provide information, advice and support for people who are deaf or hard of hearing, their families, and carers.
Everyone Matters – a charity which draws on a pool of freelance professional musicians to take live music and music-making to people of all ages who cannot readily access it themselves.
Greener and Cleaner Bromley & Beyond - Organisation aiming to normalise a greener, more sustainable way to live in our community.
Girlguiding - A leading charity for girls and young woman in the UK.
- Home Start Bromley - A charity which offers support, friendship and practical help to families with children in the locality of Bromley.
- The Hygiene Bank Bromley - A grass roots, community initiative operating via a network of volunteers involved in the collection of donated hygiene products and distribution through a network of Community Partners across the Bromley.
Invisible Palace – a charity based in South East London which brings people from a whole range of backgrounds together through shared interests for collective activity.
- JusB - A community-based youth centre that works with young people during their journey to independence, helping them to make the most of their potential.
- LATCH project - Charitable organisation committed to assisting and supporting the hidden homeless aged 18 and over.
- Lay Witnesses For Christ International (LWFCI-UK) - A non-profit organisation aiming to impact the world, inspire local comunities and motivate young people and adults to stay on the right track to fulfil their potential regardless of cultural, ethnic or religious background.
Living On Bereavement Service – a service supporting children, young people and their families when someone they love has died in Orpington and surrounding areas.
- Living Well Bromley - A caring community which provides free services and aims to be a place where people feel accepted, loved and valued.
- Magpie Dance - The UK's leading dance charity for people with learning disabilities.
- The Mary Dolly Foundation - A charity which provides flexible, comprehensive therapeutic facilities, individually designed for each location, offering early interventions for emotional distress at different levels to children and families with additional needs.
- The Maypole Project - A local organisation working across five London boroughs providing support to children with complex medical needs and their families.
- Orpington and Bromley Gateway Club - A weekly social club for people with learning disabilities, their parents, and carers.
Orpington Football Club (OFC) - a FA Charter Standard Community club, based in Orpington, playing football at Goddington Park.
- Play Place – A non-profit company delivering a diverse range of innovative youth and community activities through Community Centres across Bromley.
- The Primrose Centre - A breast cancer centre in Orpington, Kent.
Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) - the charity that saves lives at sea around the coasts of the United Kingdom and provides lifeguards on many of our beaches.
- Saxon Day Centre - A registered charity located in the heart of Orpington, providing day care and other services to older adults living in the Borough of Bromley and surrounding areas.
- Sing a Book CIC - A theatre group working with children and young people aged 7-16 and older people aged 55 upwards from BAME community.
- Society for the Advancement of Black Arts (SABA) - A charity which promotes cultural diversity in communities through individuals and their organisation
St Edwards Development Project (StEP) - A community charity based in Mottingham which works independently and with local organisations to strengthen and empower the local community through a diverse range of projects and activities.
- St Edward’s Mottingham - A community-focused Church of England parish. Located in the centre of Mottingham Estate the church has always served the community, tackling poverty, isolation and disadvantage.
- Survivors Of Abuse S.O.B - A charity which supports adult survivors with resources and tools to help them with their recovery and to empower them to lead a happier, healthier and more fulfilled life following trauma in childhood through abuse whether that be emotional, physical, sexual abuse and /or neglect.
Turn Around - Provides free, one-to-one support with reading, writing, maths and English language, to both adults and children.
- Vibrance - A social care organisationthat works across London and the South East, providing a wide range of services including supported living, nursing care, day opportunities, supported employment and self-directed services.
- Welcare - A charity which offers practical and emotional support and advice for families with children aged up to the age of 13.
- Westmeria Counselling - A charity which provides a safe, confidential space to individuals experiencing difficulties in resolving life's issues.
- Winning Stars - A group which aims to improve the quality of lives of disabled children and their families.