Community Links Bromley successfully applied to the City Bridge Trust in October 2019 for funding for its Health and Wellbeing Transformation project.
CLB is the lead organisation in the partnership which includes Enfield, Greenwich, Merton and Hackney Councils for Voluntary Services. The programme aims to bring local people closer to the design and delivery of health care services within their respective boroughs. We anticipate that this will lead to a reduction in health inequalities and improved outcomes for local residents and effect system change in how health care services work.
Directly connected to this project, we are seeking to understand the ‘social value’ of the health care services provided by local voluntary sector and community groups in Bromley. In other words, we want to quantity and qualify the benefit of these services as part of our own reflective practice and our ongoing dialogue with our statutory partners such as the NHS, CCG’s Local Council and others.
We would welcome your thoughts and reflections on how you measure social value in your own projects, perhaps when reporting to funders or ways you think we could quantify the social value of these services. If you want to join the conversation, please contact our new Health & Wellbeing Project Coordinator, Hugh Stultz, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pleased to announce a series of workshops to help organisations involved in delivering health and wellbeing services to collectively grow our knowledge and expertise in social value reporting.
Recovery and Renewal: The Role of the Third Sector in Post Pandemic Health and Social Care
We hosted this conference on Wednesday 22nd September 2021. Thank you to those of you who registered to attend. The conference report, with embedded resources, can be accessed here. If you would like to know more about the event or have any questions, please contact the Health and Wellbeing Project Coordinator by email: email@example.com.
Workshops held so far:
- 17th November 2020. A senior member of Bromley Council's procurement team discussed Understanding Social Value: The commissioner’s perspective.
- 15th December 2020. A short introductory session on how to measure social value within your organisation.
- In February 2021, we began our 1:1 advice sessions to help organisations who are keen to develop and implement their own social value measures.
- 23rd March 2021. This workshop focused on 'Implementing Social Value measures & case studies'.
- 25th May 2021. A workshop on 'Policy Influence and System Change'
- 23rd June 2021. A workshop on 'Using data to report & celebrate your impact' (with Superhighways)
At the Q&A at our last workshop, one attendee raised the point of working with someone with complex needs and the challenge of getting various support agencies to coordinate and speak with each other. This brings us to the reason why we are gathering your views on what you might say to help shape local health policy or procurement practice. If you could sit down and talk with policy makers and decision makers, what would you ask them to change or improve to secure better outcomes for your beneficiaries. What would system change look like? Have your say, join the conversation now here.
If you'd like further information, please contact Hugh Stultz at firstname.lastname@example.org
Themes, Outcomes and Measures - National TOMS.
Social Value Portal is holding a consultation on their framework for measuring, managing and reporting Social Value (TOMS). This is particularly relevant to organisations that intend to tender or partner on local or central government contracts. Log on to this link (social value portal) to have your say on the national framework. Remember, engagement helps fine tune processes to reflect your organisation’s needs and operating context.
- Recovery and Renewal Conference report with resources embedded (.pdf, 14 Oct 2021)
- Cornerstone Fund Learning Report (Year 2) (.pdf, Feb 2021)
- Understanding Social Value - Bromley Council presentation (.pdf, 17 Nov 2020)
- Measuring Social Value (.pdf, from Social Value workshop on 15 Dec 2020)
- Procurement Policy Note - Taking Account of Social Value in the Award of Central Government Contracts - UK Government policy paper (.pdf, Sept 2020)
- How social value helped my organisation (.pdf from Social Value workshop on 19 Jan 2021)
- Contracts Finder leaflet (.pdf)
- Government Contracts 101 (.pdf)
- Social Value UK: The professional network for social value - presentation by Nicola Lynch, National Lead - Civil Society (.pdf)
- How to submit a good social value offer - presentation delivered by Seerbridge (.pdf from 23 March 2021 workshop)
- Capturing and communicating your social impact - presentation delivered by Superhighways (.pdf from 23rd June 2021 workshop)
- Evaluation Support Scotland's Evaluation Method: Body Map and Evaluation Method: Emotional touchpoints
- A Toolkit for Monitoring and Evaluating Children's Participation (.pdf available from Child to Child website)
- Seven Principles of Social Value (.pdf, Social Value International)