At Community Links Bromley, we know how important it is to say 'thank you' to all the volunteers across the borough. Often, it's the only reward volunteers are looking for.
The Volunteer Awards is our way of celebrating all the fantastic work volunteers do in their communities; they are truly the beating heart of our communities. We held our Volunteer Awards Ceremony this year on Thursday 16th June. It was great to be back at Bromley Central Library after a 3 year absence, with an amazing 100 plus guests in attendance.
We would like to thank the Worshipful the Deputy Mayor of Bromley, Cllr Christine Harris for the honour of joining us on this special occasion. We would also like to thank our colleagues from Magpie Dance who performed for the audience, as well as all the wonderful volunteers, colleagues from Bromley charities, CLB Volunteers and Trustees.
Special thanks to our event sponsors: London South East Colleges, Fairlight Group and London Biggin Hill Airport
Congratulations to the Award winners....
- The Leslie Marks Trustee Volunteer of the Year Award - Don Burford
- Volunteer Team of the Year Award - Bromley Homeless
- Young Volunteer of the Year Award - Mikail Hussain
- Covid-19 Volunteer of the Year Award - Nolene Harris & Brenda Parsons
- Corporate Volunteer Team of the Year Award - London South East Colleges
- Supporting an Individual of the Year Award - Pep Ihuomah
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Dennis Moore
- Volunteer Manager of the Year Award (Paid or Unpaid) - Liz Spencer
To view highlights of the Awards Ceremony, search twitter for the event hashtag #bromleyvols2022.
Want to thank a volunteer?
Would you like to thank a volunteer for the tasks that they undertake on your behalf? We can help you do so by featuring them in our Volunteer Spotlight article. This will appear in the Volunteering Update e-newsletter that goes out to local people who have indicated an interest in volunteering and it will appear in the Community Links Bromley e-news bulletin. We will also include it in our social media posts.
All you need is a photograph of the volunteer, a very small amount of detail about what the volunteer does, what they most enjoy about their volunteering and a few words about why you appreciate them.
For more details contact Fay, our Volunteering Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org